More than 450 people attended the 2019 Education Summit, held on March 21st at the downtown Marriott in Greensboro.
The 2019 Spark Award winners were:
- HBCU Tours, the Motivational Foundation and Communities in Schools of High Point, Inc.
- The Coding Initiative, Gibsonville Elementary School
- Guilford Apprenticeship Partners (GAP)
- Men on the Move, N.C. A & T State University
- The Dual-Language Program, Allen Jay Elementary School
- Ready for School, Ready for Life
Dr. Sharon Contreras, GCS superintendent, and Adam Duggins, a GCS alumni and local business leader, spoke.
The 2019 Margaret B. Arbuckle Award was given to Mildred O. Poole.