Click here to register to shop at the Warehouse in February
Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:45pm-7:30pm
This February, help us Love Our Teachers & Schools LOTS by donating supplies to the Teacher Supply Warehouse! How can you help? Host a supply drive at your business, church, civic club, book club – any place you’d like! Or collect donations to be used for the purchase of supplies.
Drop-off boxes are conveniently located at the following:
Guilford Education Alliance 311 Pomona Drive, Suite E
Staples 4214 West Wendover Avenue
United Way of Greater High Point 201 Church Avenue
To learn more, contact Louise Courts or call 336.841.8041.
MOST NEEDED SUPPLIES:
No. 2 Pencils , copy paper , two-pocket folders, marble notebooks, glue sticks, colored pencils, colored markers, crayons, hand sanitizer & facial tissue.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
Hazardous materials, desks & furniture, projectors & computers, open/used house paint and electronics.
About the Teacher Supply Warehouse
Guilford Education Alliance (GEA) sponsors the Teacher Supply Warehouse to help teachers stock their classrooms with educational items. 67% of GCS students live in poverty and often can’t afford to purchase supplies needed for class. Teachers often spend from $300 to $1000 of their own money to help purchase classroom supplies.
The Teacher Supply Warehouse is designed to help teachers and students get necessary supplies at no cost. Because of the generosity of our community, the warehouse is stocked with thousands of items donated through supply drives and purchased with grants and contributions.
- GCS teachers shop for items at no charge.
- GCS teachers may shop 4 times a school-year.
- Only one shopping visit is allowed in a given month.
- For each visit, GCS teachers are given a budget of points to “spend” on high demand items like paper, markers, crayons, folders, spiral notebooks, etc. that are assigned point values. In addition, they may take what they need from the “free” warehouse stocked with a wide variety of new and gently used items.
We are happy to announce our new location at 311 Pomona Drive, Suite E, Greensboro, NC 27407.
You can make a difference!
- Host a supply drive at your office, church, civic club, book club, etc. Most needed supplies are listed above.
- Make a monetary donation to help keep the TSW filled with supplies and ready to serve our teachers. You can donate through the GEA website.
- Volunteer at the Warehouse to get supplies together for the teachers.
If you have supplies to deliver, please call ahead to 336.841.4332 or email email@example.com We will accept donations during the hours of 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Monday and Friday or 1:00 – 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
To donate funding, call Louise Courts at 336.841.8041.