Regular Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
4:00 pm- 7:00 pm
Spring/Summer Schedule: We will be closed for re-stocking May and June , and will re-open in July. Stay tuned for our back-to-school schedule!
How does the Warehouse work?
67% of GCS students live in poverty and often can’t afford to purchase supplies needed for class. Teachers often spend a yearly average of $900 of their own money to help purchase classroom supplies.
The Teacher Supply Warehouse is designed to help teachers and students get necessary supplies at no cost. Because of the generosity of our community, the warehouse is stocked with thousands of items donated through supply drives and purchased with grants and contributions.
- GCS teachers shop for items at no charge 4 times a school-year.
- Only one shopping visit is allowed in a given month.
- For each visit, GCS teachers are given a budget of points to “spend” on high demand items like paper, notebooks and crayons. In addition, they may take what they need from the “free” warehouse stocked with a wide variety of new and gently used items.
How can you help?
- Host – Host a supply drive at your business, church, civic club, book club – any place you’d like!
- Donate – Donate money, new supplies or gently-used items. Monetary donations are used to purchase our most-needed supplies. Donated items can dropped off at GEA from 9am – 12:30 pm, Mon.-Fri., or from 1pm – 5pm, Tues., Wed., or Thurs.
- Volunteer – We need you! Sorting items or helping teachers shop are just two of the ways you or your group can volunteer.
For your convenience, drop-off boxes for supply donations are also located at two Mathnasium locations: 1604C Highwoods Ave (Greensboro) and 5872 Samet Drive, no.127 (High Point).
MOST NEEDED SUPPLIES: No. 2 Pencils , copy paper , two-pocket folders, marble notebooks, glue sticks, colored pencils, colored markers, crayons, hand sanitizer & facial tissue.
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT: Hazardous materials, desks & furniture, projectors & computers, open/used house paint and electronics.
To donate funding, call Louise Courts at 336.841.8041.
Thank you to our sponsors!