GCS Teachers: The Warehouse is currently closed through mid-July as we start to restock supplies in preparation for the busy back-to-school season. Shopping hours for July and August will be posted in June.
Should you have a supply emergency, please contact us at 336.841.4332 or email us.
How does the Warehouse work?
67% of Guilford County Schools (GCS) students live in poverty and often can’t afford to purchase supplies needed for class. Teachers often spend a yearly average of $1000 of their own money to help purchase classroom supplies.
The Teacher Supply Warehouse is designed to help GCS teachers and students get necessary supplies at no-cost. Because of the generosity of our community, the Warehouse is stocked with thousands of items donated through supply drives and purchased with grants and contributions.
- GCS teachers shop for items at no charge 4 times a school-year.
- Only one shopping visit is allowed in a given month.
- For each visit, GCS teachers are given a budget of points to “spend” on high demand items like paper, notebooks and crayons. In addition, they may take what they need from the “free” warehouse stocked with a wide variety of new and gently used items.
How can you help?
- Host – Host a supply drive at your business, church, civic club, book club – any place you’d like!
- Donate – Donate money, new supplies or gently-used items. Monetary donations are used to purchase our most-needed supplies. Donated items can dropped off at GEA from 9am – 5pm, Monday – Thursday.
- Volunteer – We need you! Sorting items or helping teachers shop are just two of the ways you or your group can volunteer.
HIGH DEMAND NEW SUPPLIES: dry-erase markers, colored copy paper, colored copy paper, copy paper, pencil boxes and pencil pouches, pencil sharpeners, two-pocket folders with prongs, glue sticks, colored pencils, colored markers, hand sanitizer, facial tissue, kid-sized scissors, adult scissors and post-it notes.
GENTLY USED ANT OTHER NEW ITEMS POPULAR WITH TEACHERS: stickers, yarn, art supplies, paint, envelopes, labels, organizational bins and containers, baskets, buttons, seashells, staples, paperclips, sheet protectors, party supplies, holiday decor, small toys and games for their prize boxes. Teachers also love your company’s old logo items like: mugs, post-it notes, pins, stationary, etc. If you aren’t sure — CALL US!
ITEMS WE CANNOT ACCEPT: Hazardous materials, desks & furniture, projectors & computers, open/used house paint and electronics.
To donate funding or to learn more about the Teacher Supply Warehouse, contact Louise Courts at 336.841.8041 or via email.
Thank you to our sponsors!