Teachers: Click here to register for an
October or November shopping day.
Warehouse Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 4:00 pm-7:00 pm.
A note about current donations: Due to limited Warehouse space, we are currently not accepting used 3-ring binders, hanging file folders, magazines, fabric and encyclopedias. We will still continue to accept donations of new 1 inch, 1.5 inch and 2 inch 3-ring binders.
How The Warehouse Works
Sixty-three percent of Guilford County’s students live in poverty and often can’t afford to purchase supplies needed for class. And each year, teachers spend an average $900 of their own money to purchase classroom supplies. GEA’s Teacher Supply Warehouse has thousands of educational items donated through supply drives and purchased with grants and contributions. Teachers can shop for items free-of-charge.
The process is simple:
- GCS teachers may shop 4 times over the course of a school-year.
- Only one shopping visit is allowed in a given month.
- For each visit, GCS teachers are given a budget of points to “spend” on high demand items like paper, markers, crayons, folders, spiral notebooks, etc. that are assigned point values. In addition, they may take what they need from the “free” warehouse stocked with a wide variety of new and gently used items.
If you have supplies to donate, please call ahead to 336.841.4332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We will accept donations during the hours of 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Monday and Friday or 1:00 – 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
MUST HAVE ITEMS:
No. 2 pencils, colored markers (box of 10 Crayola), colored pencils (box of 12 Crayola), facial tissue, hand sanitizer, glue sticks, copy paper, marble notebooks, dry erase markers and erasers.
ITEMS WE CAN NOT ACCEPT:
Hazardous materials, opened or used house paint,electronics, projectors, furniture or desks.
How can you help?
- Host. Host a supply drive at your office, church, civic club, book club, etc. Most needed supplies are listed below.
- Donate. Make a monetary donation to help keep the TSW filled with supplies and ready to serve our teachers. You can donate through the GEA website. To donate funding, call Louise Courts at 336.841.8041.
- Volunteer. Sorting supplies and help teachers shop are just 2 of the ways volunteers can help at the Warehouse to get supplies together for the teachers. This is a fun and meaningful way for groups to volunteer.