Click here to register to shop at the Warehouse in February Hours: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 3:45pm-7:30pm
About the Teacher Supply Warehouse
Sixty-three percent of Guilford County’s students live in poverty and often can’t afford to purchase supplies needed for class. And each year, teachers spend an average of $300 to $1000 of their own money to purchase classroom supplies. GEA’s Teacher Supply Warehouse has thousands of educational items donated through supply drives and purchased with grants and contributions. Teachers can shop for items free of charge.
The process is simple:
- GCS teachers may shop 4 times over the course of a school-year.
- Only one shopping visit is allowed in a given month.
- For each visit, GCS teachers are given a budget of points to “spend” on high demand items like paper, markers, crayons, folders, spiral notebooks, etc. that are assigned point values. In addition, they may take what they need from the “free” warehouse stocked with a wide variety of new and gently used items.
We are happy to announce our new location at 311 Pomona Drive, Suite E,
Greensboro, NC 27407.
If you have supplies to deliver, please call ahead to 336.841.4332 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We will accept donations during the hours of 9:00 am to 12:30 pm Monday and Friday or 1:00 – 5:00 pm Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
To donate funding, call Louise Courts at 336.841.8041.
MUST HAVE ITEMS:
No. 2 pencils, colored markers (box of 10 Crayola), colored pencils (box of 12 Crayola), facial tissue, hand sanitizer, glue sticks, copy paper, marble notebooks, dry erase markers and erasers.
ITEMS WE CAN NOT ACCEPT:
Hazardous materials, opened or used house paint,electronics, projectors, furniture or desks.
How can you help?
- Host a supply drive at your office, church, civic club, book club, etc. Most needed supplies are listed below.
- Make a monetary donation to help keep the TSW filled with supplies and ready to serve our teachers. You can donate through the GEA website.
- Volunteer at the Warehouse to get supplies together for the teachers.